Stockholm University offers a number of different study programmes where you have a chance to specialize in mathematics or mathematical statistics.
Master's programmes have a total duration of two years and are suitable for students that already have a bachelor's degree in a mathematical subject. The Department of Mathematics currently offers three different master’s programmes. One of these programmes is only given in Swedish, whereas the other two are in English.
- Master's Programme in Mathematics, 120 credits
- Master's Programme in Mathematical Statistics, 120 credits
- Master's Programme in Actuarial Mathematics, 120 credits (Swedish)
Meet students and former students from our Master's Programmes
Read what former and present students think about the Master's Programmes in Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics. Find out more about possible careers for graduates from our Master's Programmes.
Our bachelor's programmes comprise three years of full-time studies, and are suitable for you who have not studied mathematics at university level before. Bachelor's programmes are all given in Swedish. There are currently four different bachelor's programmes where you can specialize in mathematical subjects.
- Bachelor's Programme in Mathematics, 180 credits (Swedish)
- Bachelor's Programme in Biomathematics and Computational Biology, 180 credits (Swedish)
- Bachelor's Programme in Mathematics and Philosophy, 180 credits (Swedish)
- Bachelor Programme in Mathematics and Economics, 180 credits (Swedish)
Teacher education programme
December 22, 2015
Source: Department of Mathematics